Areas of Law
Becket Chambers is committed to providing a high quality, professional advice and advocacy service to all those we represent and recognises the benefits which specialised teams can offer to clients. It is for this reason that members of our Chambers are grouped into teams in seven key practice areas. These teams meet regularly to discuss developments and review procedures, establish internal protocols and liaise with each other and Chambers Management Committee to ensure a consistent and high level of service.
Our breadth of experience in civil, family and criminal litigation, combined with our advocacy skills, allows us to provide a team of individuals in each area with the appropriate level of expertise for all requirements.
- Family: All aspects including public and private law children cases, injunctions, parental removal and abduction, divorce and matrimonial finance.
- Criminal: both Prosecution and Defence work particularly Revenue and Customs and Local Authority Prosecutions
- General Common Law: including contract disputes, personal injury and negligence
- Property and Landlord and Tenant
- Local Government law and Planning
- Direct Public Access
The Senior Clerk, Paul Eaton, will be happy to provide details of the relevant experience of particular members of Chambers and to assist in the selection of appropriate Counsel for individual cases; he will also be able to discuss members' scale of charges and can provide estimates of the likely level of fees for a range of individuals for different types of work. Obviously the fees will reflect the relative complexity of the work, the time involved, the urgency of the case, the value of the case and the experience of Counsel.